The Ashborough East (AE) Community Building (CB) is available for use on a reservation basis by all residents. For information and reservations contact Rhonda Prescott at Tysmom4061@aol.com or 875-2854
The Community Building is located at the end of Middleton Blvd next to the pool and tennis courts. The street address is 600 Middleton Blvd, Summerville, SC, 29485. Many online maps have it located at 500 London Ferry Lane, Summerville, SC, 29485.
Rules and Regulations
- Rentals. Only residents of AE are eligible.
- Restricted Use. The building is to be used for AE community functions or groups and members’ private social functions. All uses of the CB require reservations placed through the CB Chairperson and a rental fee. Commercial use of the CB is prohibited by Article VII of the Community Restrictions. Para-commercial uses such as investment clubs are permitted. Scout groups, tennis teams, and bridge groups are examples of groups that may rent the CB as long as they are comprised of or hosted by groups that are made up primarily of AE residents.
- Damages. Misuse or abuse of the CB will result in exclusion from using the CB and rescission of membership privileges and an assessment for repairs and/or cleanup costs. Cleaning costs at the rate of $25/hr will be deducted from the deposit if the premises are not cleaned.
- Member must be Present. AE members must be present during CB use and are responsible for any damages.
- Furniture. CB furniture may not be removed from the building at anytime.
- Building Capacity. Maximum capacity is 70 persons.
- Smoking is not allowed in the CB.
- Alcohol may only be consumed by those ages 21 and over.
- Security. Depending on nature of the use and number of guests, the AEHA Board of Directors reserves the right to require renter to provide adequate security personnel such as off-duty law enforcement.
- Rental Rates. A rental fee of $100.00 and a separate check for $100.00 refundable cleaning deposit. Make all checks payable to: AEHA.
- Reservations. The CB is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Contact the CB Chairperson and check availability of the date needed. A $100.00 refundable cleaning deposit is necessary to confirm and hold a reservation. A $100.00 check for the rental is due before the rental date. The cleaning deposit will be refunded after the building has passed an after-use inspection.
- Cancellation Fee. If reservations are canceled with less than two weeks notice, a $35 cancellation fee will be deducted from the deposit.
- Cleanup. Renters are required to follow cleanup procedures as posted in the CB. Note that all users must remove and dispose of trash as there is no trash pickup at the CB. Please remember to clean hand/finger prints from the windows and reset the thermostat as posted on the thermostat. Cleaning costs of $25/hr will be deducted from the deposit if the premises are not cleaned.
- Emergency Contact/Injury. In case of injuries on the CB premises, contact the CB Chairperson; AEHA property management Halcyon at 803-732-9644 or a member of the AE Board of Directors immediately. CB Contact/Chairperson: Rhonda Prescott 875-2854 (h) or (708) 743-5219 (c) firstname.lastname@example.org
All cleaning supplies will be provided by the CB management. Supplies are located under the kitchen sink.
___Vacuum all floors and carpet.
___Use Wet Jet swiffer to clean floors.
___Clean toilets and wipe down mirrors and sinks.
___Clean kitchen counters, sink, stove top and oven, and microwave.
___Clean out refrigerator. Wipe down shelves.
___Wipe off any fingerprints on windows and glass table tops.
___All furniture will be put back in proper arrangement. No furniture is to be placed outside during parties.
___All folding chairs and tables are to be put back in closet. Follow the closet organizer posted on door in closet.
___Do not use tape on walls or put any holes in the walls for hanging decorations. The use of removable mounting adhesives are permitted (ie Command Hooks, Velcro removable mounting tape or circles, or removable poster putty).
___We do not have trash pick-up for the CB. All trash and garbage will be removed from the CB and disposed of by the renter.
___Upon leaving, HVAC system should be set to: Summer setting 78 and Winter setting 65. Insure all lights are off and all entry doors are locked.
___Complete check list and return with Key. CB will be checked for cleanliness. After inspection of CB, renter will be contacted regarding refund of deposit check. A cleaning charge of $25 an hour may be deducted from deposit if CB needs cleaning. Renter will be informed of any areas needing additional cleaning and given the chance to perform the cleaning themselves. Please report any damage to clubhouse manager or any comments concerning your rental experience in the note section.