The Ashborough East (AE) Community Building (CB) is available for use on a reservation basis by all residents. For information and reservations contact Kim Fieldman at AEastCB@yahoo.com or by phone at 631-353-1172.
The Community Building is located at the end of Middleton Blvd next to the pool and tennis courts. The street address is 600 Middleton Blvd, Summerville, SC, 29485. Many online maps have it located at 500 London Ferry Lane, Summerville, SC, 29485.
Rules and Regulations
- Rentals. The community building (CB) is available for use on a reservation basis, only for AE residents.
- Restricted Use. The building is for AE community functions or groups and members’ private social functions. The
CB requires reservations placed through the CB Chairperson and a rental fee. Commercial use of the CB is
prohibited by Article VII of the Community Restrictions. Para-commercial uses such as investment clubs are
permitted. Scout groups, tennis teams and bridge groups are examples of groups that may rent the CB as long as
they are comprised of or hosted by groups that are made up primarily of AE residents.
- Damages. Misuse or abuse of the CB will result in exclusion from using the CB and rescission of membership
privileges and an assessment for repairs and/or cleanup costs. Cleaning costs at the rate of $25/hour will be
deducted from the deposit if the premises are not cleaned. Please report any and all damages to CB chairperson.
- Member must be present. AE members must be present during CB use and are responsible for damages.
- Furniture CB furniture may not be removed from the building at any time.
- Building Capacity Maximum capacity of 70 persons
- Smoking is not allowed in the CB.
- Alcohol may only be consumed by those ages 21 and over.
- Security Depending on the nature of use and number of guests, the AEHA Board of Directors reserves the right to require renter to provide adequate security personnel such as off-duty law enforcement.
1. Rental Rates There is a rental fee of $100.00 and a separate payment of $100.00 (refundable cleaning deposit).
Make all checks payable to AEHA. You may also pay by Venmo, CB account: @AEastCB (last 4 phone digits is 1233, or pay without confirming phone#). Refundable deposits will be returned via original payment method, as
long as cleaning inspection is passed.
2. Reservations The CB is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Contact the CB Chairperson and check availability (AEastCB@yahoo.com / Kimberly Fieldman). A $100.00 refundable cleaning deposit is necessary to
confirm and hold a reservation. A $100.00 payment for the rental is due before the rental date.
3. Cancellation Fee If reservations are canceled with less than two weeks’ notice, a $35.00 cancellation fee will be deducted from the deposit.
4. Cleanup Renters are required to follow cleanup procedures as posted in the CB. Note that all users must remove and dispose of trash as there is no trash pickup at the CB. Please remember to clean hand/fingerprints
from the windows and reset the thermostat. Cleanings costs of $25/hour will be deducted from the deposit if the premises are not cleaned properly. The cleaning deposit will be refunded after the building has passed an
5. Emergency Contact/Injury In case of injuries on the CB premises, please contact the CB Chairperson [Kimberly
Fieldman 631-353-1172], AEHA property management
**NO TAPE, GLITTER OR CONFETTI**
All cleaning supplies will be provided by the CB management. Cleaning Supplies are located
under the kitchen sink.
* Do not use tape on the walls or put any holes in the wall for hanging decorations. Tape
pulls off the paint, nail holes have to be filled and painted. Cost for cleaning/repairs
will be deducted from deposit.
* Vacuum all floors and carpet.
* Spin mop provided to clean floors (follow water fill line and solution/pinesol
line[provided]). Please remove and place dirty mop pads in plastic bag provided.
* Clean toilets and wipe down sinks and mirrors.
* Clean kitchen counters, sink, stove top, microwave and oven.
* Clean out refrigerator. Wipe down shelves.
* Wipe off any fingerprints on windows and any glass tops.
* All furniture must be put back in proper arrangement. Furniture cannot go outside.
* All folding chairs and tables are to be put back in closet. Follow the closet organizer
posted on the closet door.
* All trash and garbage will be removed from the CB and disposed of by the renter.
* Upon leaving, setting on HVAC system should be: Summer setting 80, winter setting
60. Please ensure all lights are turned off and all entry doors locked.
* Complete check list and return with key to management for inspection. After
inspection of CB, renter will be contacted regarding refund of deposit check. A
cleaning charge of $25 per hour may be deducted from deposit if CB needs cleaning.
Renter will be informed of any areas needing additional cleaning and given the chance
to perform the cleaning themselves. Please report any damage to clubhouse manager
or any comments concerning your rental experience in the note section below.
Kimberly Fieldman: AEastCB@yahoo.com / 631-353-1172.